Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Time for a Revival

Wow its been 2 years since I last published a post here on this blog!  So much has happened in my personal life. We added a new family member, our son Eliam, just before Thanksgiving 2015. Much of 2016 was spent being a caregiver to my in-laws while one of them had a major life saving surgery and follow up minor procedures at a hospital 8 hours from our home. My grandmother also needed some extra care. It was trying times with a young baby and a 3 year old to care for as well. We travelled a lot and stayed in more hotel rooms than I can remember. Understandably, I took some time off from my design business to focus on caring for my family. I got back into the swing of things shortly before my baby's 1st birthday.

I'm going to be loading a few new things to the blog over the next few weeks, including a portfolio of my designs and links to my online sales.  I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.  I suspect that process may take some time.  If life has taught me anything, it's that I just have to give myself grace sometimes; grace to not be perfect, grace to expect delays, and grace to not consider everything a failure. Sometimes the best things come from trial and error.

Here's my favorite picture of my boys from our wonderful photographer at McSween Photography .

See you soon,
~Melody
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!