Sunday, December 7, 2014

Melody - Faith

My faith in Jesus Christ has been the one constant thing in my life. I became a Christian as a child, but solidified my faith and personal relationship with God as a late teen/young adult. I did a lot of soul and scripture searching to find what I truly believed. I grew up in an extremely legalistic church full of false guilt and hypocrisy. Ironically my husband and I did ministry in that very church later on. We were youth pastors there for 5 years. Additionally, we were youth leaders at our current church for 3 years. I have also worked in children's ministry, media and productions, and lead praise and worship.

My greatest test of faith has been the long struggle we had with infertility and loss. Infertility shaped my faith in ways I never knew possible. It is still an area that stings when I think about it. We lost many little ones, of course, my heart still longs for them. I blogged about that in the past and wish to move on, but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it here.

I have a great passion for people and strive to see beyond the exterior of people. I seek to see their heart and choose to believe in the potential of the individual. My heart hurts when others hurt. I wholeheartedly desire to see an end to hatred and shaming. Nothing bothers me more than racism and predjuice.

Although my devotional writings won't be the focus of this blog, occasionally something provokes my heart and I must write it out. I'll put those directly into the devotional archive. There are a few posts there from my old blogs. You are welcome to read those and share your thoughts if you wish.

My life verses...Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  
                   2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!